i’m on night shift this week. got home at around 730am. went directly to bed. so tired.
2pm – got out of bed. went outside and saw my mom wearing an apron. the reason? she was busy arranging flowers for today (all saints’ day). went to the kitchen to grab a bite. after which, i was surprised to see my dad downstairs. on the sofa.
normally he’d be in his room. asked my mom how come dad was downstairs and even she was surprised. she went inside and looked on at my dad. heard her shriek a little. wtf. she immediately went out carrying a bag of candles.
i went inside too. saw my dad with bits of candles on his lap. was alarmed when i saw two wicks on the sofa. dad was picking up the bits of candles and was going to put his hand to his mouth. i immediately stopped him and told him that candles are not to be eaten. he shouted at me then. really shouted. didn’t know what to do. the thought running through my head was: 2 wicks. does that mean he had eaten two candles? oh my god! sure hope not!
then mom was beside me, giving dad some wafers. to lure him back to his room. but he was headstrong. didn’t want to go to his room yet. gave him apples then.
i’m still bothered. went outside and was a little relieved to see the candles. good. dad hasn’t eaten everything. but some parts of it were bitten off. now, i’m troubled. should we bring him to the doctor? how will he get rid of the candles inside his body? damn. i really hate alzheimer’s. why did it ever hit him?